Monday, October 18, 2010

Wonder Woman Belt

Captain's Blog
Stardate 18/10/10

It's Monday. Monday.

Monday sounds like a boring day, it sounds like mundane. I suppose it's up to me to spice it up? WELL, TOO BAD! I don't feel like doing anything. I want to nap and watch House with a nice cold glass of water.

I've recently decided to ween myself off milk. It's not as tough as I would've expected. Milk here costs about $5 for three bags. I have no idea how much milk is in one bag, but whatever. Water is FREE if it's from your tap! Which reminds me of an article I read today.

It's "5 Reasons The Future Will Be Ruled By B.S." written by one of my favourite authors, David Wong. Wong wrote my favourite book of all time, John Dies At The End. But, back to the article. It's basically a list of things that rule our economic world, sort of. I don't know how to describe the article.

Here's a tiny excerpt. Wong is talking about eBooks vs. regular books:

A. Why can't the library just buy as many digital copies as are needed for the customers, and keep them forever, if they don't naturally degrade?
B. Wait a second. It's just a digital file. Why not just buy one copy, and just copy and paste it for every customer who wants to read it?
C. Wait a second. Why do you need the library at all? Why can't a customer just buy a copy from the publisher and "lend" copies to all of his friends?
D. Wait a second. If no printing and binding needs to be done, why do you need the publisher? Just buy it directly from the author.
E. Waaaaait a second. Why buy it? Once the author makes one copy available, why can't everyone just grab it for free?


Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_18817_5-reasons-future-will-be-ruled-by-b.s..html#ixzz12k8tbtrr

Crazy stuff, eh? I do not think about that on a day to day basis, that's fo sho.

I guess I should talk about my day.

Had class, got my essay back for editing (turns out I'm a HUGE fan of commas), came home, had a box of knock-off macaroni (it was gross), then my floormates came home and we did some filming for their project. The filming portion will not be done 'till Thursday, I believe. Or tomorrow. I am too confused by those Film and Television kids.

I miss all you Winnipeg children. Move out here.

I've come to the realization of why I don't like compliments or nice things said about myself. Whenever I hear stuff like: "You're funny!" "You're nice, Caleb." "What a cute shirt you're wearing, white boy" "That's a nice murse, bro." "Is that a mirror in your pocket?" I feel like I'm being patronized or that those things aren't sincere at all. I'm wondering if I'm too self conscious. I feel like if I ask "Am I too self conscious?" That MAKES me self conscious. Stupid brain.

"We need to make her co-operate. We have to offer her something she wants."
"She wants to kill herself, House."

"I can work with that."
- House M.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment